Want to help run the largest public science project of its kind anywhere in the world?
June 25, 2020
This article has not been updated recently
We are looking to hire a head of product for the COVID Symptom Study to join our team to own the product roadmap and drive product delivery with a team of world-class engineers, designers and scientists and be instrumental in the future growth of this product.
We are combining science, large scale data and machine learning to tell you what to eat based on your unique metabolism. We’re leading the world’s largest ongoing nutritional research project in collaboration with scientists from leading universities including Harvard, King's College London, Massachusetts General Hospital, Oxford and Stanford.
We are a well-funded start-up based in London and Boston, and are backed by founders, investors and entrepreneurs who have built multi-billion dollar technology companies. Join us in tackling wide-ranging technical challenges from DNA analysis, to machine learning, to building apps and products for millions of users.
We're also the Engineering team behind the popular COVID Symptom Tracker - designed by doctors and scientists at Kings College London, Guys and St Thomas' Hospital and our talented development team. This app is contributing to advance vital research on COVID-19 and helping our nation track it's spread.
- Own the product roadmap and drive product delivery with a team of world-class engineers, designers and scientists
- Work with our stakeholders both academic and government in order to evolve the product to suit evolving needs. You will need to balance the many competing demands
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to ensure retention as we prepare for a potential second wave later in the year
- Define and analyse metrics that inform the success of products
- Maximise efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Day-to-day execution of specs and priorities with Engineering, Research, Marketing and UI/UX Design
- Proven experience designing and delivering a product, in a high intensity environment
- Previous experience working with cross functional teams.
- Data driven mindset
- Ability to build a strong relationship and credibility with Engineering and Science teams.
- Ability to iterate extremely rapidly with a "let's try it" attitude, whilst being mindful of risks and pitfalls.
- Comfortable working with high levels of ambiguity, whilst being able to manage & influence multiple stakeholders.
- As comfortable getting hands-on as taking a step back and thinking strategically, proactively identifying issues and opportunities and tackle them without being told to do so. This is a small team so you must be willing to get involved with the weeds of this week’s delivery, alongside thinking about how we can develop key features in a month’s time.
- Intellectual curiosity & rigour.